OIT has negotiated special pricing with Acquia, a cloud-based hosting provider specializing in Drupal hosting and support. This hosting is intended to meet the needs of departments who:
- Need to host a Drupal website in a robust and secure environment.
- Want full control over their Drupal website.
- Have needs that exceed the features of OIT’s Managed Drupal system.
- Have an annual budget for website hosting.
- Need additional support for their Drupal website.
What does Acquia offer?
- A cloud hosting platform tuned for Drupal.
- A number of server sizes and options.
- A number of support options.
- Tools for site maintenance, administration, and optimization.
- Developer workflow and tools.
What’s not included with Acquia?
- Site design and development. You need to build the website yourself or hire another group, such as Web Development Services.
- Site maintenance tasks not covered in the contract.
- Diagnosis support for various technologies which are outlined in the contract.
- Selecting the options that are appropriate for your needs.
- Completing maintenance and technical tasks not covered by the support contract that you’ve purchased.
- Managing your relationship with Acquia.
- Making timely payments to Acquia.
- Not storing confidential data on your public facing website.
- Following all IT Policies and Requirements (see the About section).
- Upholding the terms of the contract.
- OIT negotiated the terms of the master services agreement that will apply to all contracts between Princeton University affiliates and Acquia.
- OIT will periodically review the contract.
- OIT will provide guidance to you before you engage with Acquia.
Email Web Development Services email@example.com to get started with Acquia hosting.
Other Hosting Options
- Contract with Web Development Services to build and host your website in OIT’s Managed Drupal System.
- Build your website in OIT's Template system.
- Host your website with the cloud hosting provider, Acquia.
- Host your website on Departmental cPanel. (This service is not intended for high-traffic websites. OIT cannot assist with Drupal-related configuration issues. You must apply security upgrades as they are released by Drupal to your cPanel site.)
- Host your website on OIT’s Virtual Hosting Service. (OIT's virtual hosting service includes both a self-managed mode where customer completely builds the server and would be responsible for all security as well as a managed mode in which OIT would build the server and patch the OS while leaving application security and configuration to the customer.)