A slideshow automatically scrolls through a gallery of images at the industry standard and WDS approved rate of 7000 milliseconds per image, as opposed to an image gallery which is all viewable on one page with thumbnails and clickable images.
- You need to create an image gallery before you can create a slideshow
- A slideshow is another view, or component, of an image gallery
- The slideshow is a "cousin" of the Spotlight News Rotator; if you are familiar with that widget, the slideshow is similar
Create an image gallery
First, create an image gallery.
Follow the instructions below once completed.
How to add a slideshow to any page
Click the Customize this page button at the bottom of the page.
Determine where on the page you want to display an image gallery in slideshow view. Click on the plus + sign to add a new pane.
From the column on the left, select the Image galleries option.
Choose a slideshow option by clicking on the Add button. The options are itemized below.
1. Slideshow (auto-advance)
2. Slideshow with summary (auto-advance)
3. Slideshow with thumbnails (manual-advance)
4. Slideshow with thumbnails and summary (manual-advance)
Select an image gallery (you must pick one for proper functionality). You can give the slideshow a different title in the Title field if you wish.
Once you have selected your slideshow option, click the Save button.
Click the Save button at the bottom of the page to complete the customization.