Use the News Slideshow to add a slideshow of News items.
- First, make sure your News items are tagged with Spotlight or else it will not appear in the slideshow.
- Then add a Pane to a Basic Page.
- Select Spotlight Slideshow and click Add
- Choose the options (hint: you should NOT uncheck the featured image).
- Click Save
News Slideshow - Advanced
There may be a scenario where you want the items in your slideshow to link to non-News items. To do that:
- Enter the News item and upload a Featured Image. Make note of the /node/# from the URL of the News item.
- Save the News item.
- Get the /node/# (or URL of another website) from the page to where you want the News item to link.
- Under Configuration > Search and metadata > URL Redirects, click Add redirect.
- Enter the /node/# of the News item in the “from" field and the /node/# to where you want to land in the “to" field.
It is highly recommended that you do not mix link behavior in your slideshow - the links should all go to News items or all go to non-News pages. This consistency benefits your end user because the expected behavior of the News Slideshow remains consistent when they click on the links.