An anchor link allows you to link (or "jump") to a specific place or section on a page. You would use anchor links to allow a reader to jump to a specific section of a page without having to scroll all the way down the page.
This is a two step process:
Step 1: Create the Anchor
- Login to enter site edit mode.
- Identify the page and section you would like to create the anchor.
- Place your cursor where you want the reader to land.
- Insert an anchor link using the “Insert/edit anchor” icon (it’s shaped like a flag) in the rich-text editor.
- Name your anchor appropriately. The anchor name should be something short and easy to remember (you should also avoid using spaces or symbols in the anchor name).
Step 2: Creating a Link to the Anchor
Now you’re ready to create a link to the anchor you just made.
- Scroll back up to the top of your page and highlight the text where you want your first anchor link.
- Click the "link" button.
- Click the "link type" down arrow and select "link to anchor in the text"
- Select the anchor name you wish to link your text to
- Click ok
- Once you have linked the text you will see that it is a different color.
- Click "Save" at bottom of page.
Note: To get the URL you can use to send people directly to your specific page section, add “#anchorname” to the end of a page URL.