OIT has negotiated special pricing with Acquia which is a cloud-based hosting provider specializing in Drupal hosting and support. Hosting with Aquia is Categorized as a Self-Managed Drupal website, which is not maintained or supported by OIT. When choosing to build a website on your own, you'll need to take into account development standards, design standards, hosting, and maintenance.
The Aquia environment is intended to meet specialized departmental needs
- Need to host a Drupal website in a robust and secure environment.
- Want full control over their Drupal website.
- Have needs that exceed the features of OIT’s Managed Drupal system.
- Have an annual budget for website hosting.
- Need additional support for their Drupal website.
What does Acquia offer?
- A cloud hosting platform tuned for Drupal.
- A number of server sizes and options.
- A number of support options.
- Tools for site maintenance, administration, and optimization.
- Developer workflow and tools.
What’s not included with Acquia?
- Site design and development. You need to build the website yourself or hire another group, such as WDS.
- Site maintenance tasks not covered in the contract.
- Diagnosis support for various technologies which are outlined in the contract.
- Selecting the options that are appropriate for your needs.
- Completing maintenance and technical tasks not covered by the support contract that you’ve purchased.
- Managing your relationship with Acquia.
- Making timely payments to Acquia.
- Not storing confidential data on your public facing website.
- Following all IT Policies and Requirements.
- Upholding the terms of the contract.
- OIT negotiated the terms of the master services agreement that will apply to all contracts between Princeton University affiliates and Acquia.
- OIT will periodically review the contract.
- OIT will provide guidance to you before you engage with Acquia.
Email Web Development Services firstname.lastname@example.org to get started with Acquia hosting.