You can add a Basic Page content pane to any page to display various lists of Basic Pages.
It is suggested that you first review how to change the layout options and how to customize the view before adding basic page content panes so that you understand how the panels can be moved around on the page.
Choices for Basic Page listings
- Column Listing: This option is best when using basic page content in a narrow column.
- Full Listing: This option is best when using basic page content in a large/wide page area.
- Sidebar Listing:This option is best when using basic page content in a narrow sidebar listing.
- Grid View: Displays basic pages in a grid, with options to filter by terms, set column count, and set featured image aspect ratio.
Filtering Basic Pages By Category
A useful feature for the basic page content pane is the ability to only show basic pages tagged by a certain category. For example, if you have a category term "fruit", you can configure the pane to display only basic pages tagged with the term "fruit".
To use the filtering option:
- Create your taxonomy categories. Note: This option only works with "Sitewide categories".
- Create, tag and publish your basic page content.
- Identify the basic page pane you want to configure and click "Customize this page".
- Click the gear icon (Settings) next to the pane that's showing the list of Basic Pages.
- In General Settings, select the "sitewide category" you want to filter by.
- Save the panel configuration.
- Save the page.