You can add Blog content panes to any page to display various lists of Blog entries.
It is suggested that you first review how to change the layout options and how to customize the view before adding blog content panes so that you understand how the panes can be moved around on the page.
- After adding Blog entries, you can display them on your pages in different displays, or views.
- First, you will need to customize the page in order to add a sidebar, a column or another content pane.
- Click the Customize this page at the bottom of your screen.
- Click the plus symbol to add a new Pane.
- Choose Blog from the menu on the left.
Each listing has a preview window of what the listing will look like when added. Do not click anywhere inside the preview window or you will be taken out of the customization window. Once you have determined the View you want to insert, click the green Add button.
Click the Save button to save your addition.
Make sure to click the Save button at the bottom of your screen. Never click the Revert to Basic Page default button or you risk losing all your content
Displaying Categories of Blog entries
- Click "Customize this page" on a page that has a list of Blog entries.
- Click the gear icon (Settings) next to the pane that's showing the list of Blog entries.
- In the Field Settings, check the boxes to show the fields for the categories you want to display ("Display Blog category" or "Display Sitewide category"). If both the sitewide and the content-type specific categories are selected, they are combined into one list.
- Save the pane configuration.
- Save the page.
TIP: If you uncheck Display Body Text it is recommended that you uncheck Display Read More... or else a gap will appear in the listing.
Displaying Categories on each Blog entry's detail view
This change will apply to all detail views of a Blog entry.
- Click Customize this page on any Blog entry.
- Click the plus symbol (+) to add a new pane to the page.
- From the categories on the left, select Page Content. On the right, select Categories and click Add.
- Make the desired selections and click Add.
- Place the pane in the desired position (drag and drop).
- Click Save.
- You can show terms from both taxonomies together if you want. Or you can add this pane twice, with one showing terms from the sitewide category and the other showing from the content-type specific category only.