Changing Your Website Theme
WDS offers many different theme options to choose from. Examples of some of the current available out-of the box themes are listed below.
These instructions are for changing the general styling (aka theme) of your website:
- From the Admin toolbar, click on the Appearance option
- To change the theme, click 'Set Default' next to the theme you want to switch to
Tiger Theme (Default for all new template sites)
Designed in 2017, this theme features a modern aesthetic that more closely aligns with Princeton.edu and follows general accessibility guidelines supported by the university at large. Responsive behavior has been improved, and a wider 1440px breakpoint accommodates larger screens.
Tiger Appearance Settings
Tiger offers a number of unique style options to modify the look, feel and some functionality of the theme:
- Flavors: Select a Light or Dark Header
- Fonts: Pick from 3 different pairings
- Layout: Choose from 3 layout options (Some custom CSS required. Instructions will be provided by WDS.)
- Sticky Navigation: Available on the Full Width Layouts when Horizontal Menu is selected
To preview and change these new settings, follow these instructions.
Himalayan Theme (Planned deprecation by 2019)
Don't see any of these themes in your website? Email us.
Note: Themes dedicated to specific departments/offices should not be selected for sites unrelated to those groups.
Legacy Theme Color Options
You can change the color options of a theme to offer a different look and feel without changing the theme. this is useful for department groups that fall within the same overarching department.
Next to your theme, select settings.
Choose a flavor radio button to see the different colors available for main menu colors.
Save your changes.