By default, your template site will have a Main Menu tab for Events. This landing page cannot be edited like a basic page can -- to build this page, add events individually by adding them under the Add Content function.
Events are added one at a time. In the administration bar, click the Manage button, then click Add Content.
As you add events, they are added to the Events tab in a chronological list. Events consist of the following information from these fields:
- Date Field
- Show End Date
Allows you to add a multiple day event
- Choose Date (Calendar block will appear on text field click) and Time
- Repeat – use to create event re-occurrences
- Event Type defines whether it is an Event or a Deadline
the target audience. To change the list of Audience - see the Taxonomy instructions
Event location, e.g. room number
- Location ID
This field appears once you enter a location. Enter the Location Code (4 digit number) for the desired location. The Location Code causes the Location text to become a link to Princeton University's mobile map. To find a Location Code, see the location_code in the locations webfeed or navigate to the Princeton Mobile Map, click on a map location, and copy the 4-digit number from the URL. Ex. http://m.princeton.edu/map/campus?feed=91eda3cbe8&featureindex=0069
- Location ID
- Event Text
By default summary text for listing pages is the first 350 characters of the body text. Usually, body text contains lots of HTML code for formatting, all these HTML code characters count with the actual content text, and in some cases, you may not see full 350 characters in summary text on the listing pages as some of the text is HTML code (which is invisible for the end-user). However, you may enter your own summary, which will be displayed as is on the listing page by clicking Edit Summary link above body text area.
- Speakers field
Add one or more Speakers and their affiliation.
- Generate automatic URL alias (Permalink)
There may be times when you want to specify a URL for a particular page. You can uncheck the “Generate automatic URL alias” box and enter your own custom URL. Be sure to avoid special characters when choosing a URL.
- Authoring information
Contains content creator user and date/time of when the content was created
- Promotion settings
Sticky at top of lists – will always keep content at the top
Revisions – used to provide an explanation of the changes made, for logging and review purposes.
Add a featured image to your Events
Follow the instructions to add a featured image to the event. Imagery will enhance your website and help build your audience.
Adding Events to a Basic Page or Landing Page
By default, the Events module will show a main menu item for Events. The default pages are not editable. If you wish to have editable pages of Events or place Events on a page with other types of content, see Adding Event Views in a sidebar or column.
Adding Taxonomy Terms to Event Detail Pages
If you wish to have Event Categories and/or Sitewide Categories appear on your Event details:
- Make sure you have added a taxonomy term to your event. (Read more about Taxonomy)
- Go to a single Event (the event detail page) and click "Customize this page". Please note: “Customizing” one event will affect all events.
- Click the plus symbol to "add new pane".
- In the overlay screen that appears, select "Page Content" from the list of items on the left.
- Choose from the “Event Categories” or the “Sitewide Categories” content panes. Note that the “Categories” content pane will display all applied terms in a single pane.
- If desired, change the General Settings.
- Choose "Continue"
- If desired, change the additional General Settings.
- Choose "Finish"
- Drag and drop the Category pane to the location you wish for it to be shown.
- Click 'Save".
If your events are imported from the Timeline, you should edit the event in the Timeline and not in Drupal. See Timeline documentation.
Events which were cancelled in the Timeline will display a "cancelled" indicator.