By default, your website will come with an archive of Events. This page is not in the menu however you can add it if you wish to do so. The URL is typically .../events/archive.
Adding a menu link to the archive of Events
- In the administration bar, click on the Menu button, then select Structure
- Select Main menu
- Select Add link
- Fill in the Required (asterisked) fields. Enter Archive in the Menu link title field and events/archive in the Path field. The Enabled box should be checked, and Events should be selected in the Parent link.
- Click the Save button.
Adding an archive menu by Category or by Year
- Go to your Events page.
- At the bottom of the page, click Customize this page.
Note: If you see the Boxton layout option without a side panel or column, you will need to change the page layout first to add a column or sidebar.
- Click the plus symbol to add a new Pane; add either a second column or a sidebar by clicking on the + sign.
- Click Events from the menu on the left
- Choose to archive your events by clicking on the appropriate green Add button.
- Choose Archive for a basic archive of events.
- If you are using the taxonomy (classification) feature on your events, you can choose the Archive summary by category option.
- Choose Archive summary by year to have your events grouped together by year as in the image below.
- Remember to click the Save button.
Creating a page that shows both upcoming and past Events
Use the feature if you’d like to show list of Events in the future and in the past that are in a particular Category. For example, if you would like to show all the upcoming and ppast Events from your department’s “Design Seminar", you would:
- Add a Taxonomy term “Design Seminar” to your Events Categories Taxonomy.
- Edit/add events.
- Select "Design Seminar” as their Event Category.
- Make a new landing page. Title it with your Event Category. Ex. Design Seminar.
- Add a pane for Upcoming Events.
- Select “Design Seminar” as the Category.
- Add another pane for past events.
- Select “design seminar” as the Category.
- Save the landing page. The page now shows both upcoming and past events for a particular event category.