Traditionally, websites display a logo in the upper left portion of the website in the header region. A logo helps to give visual representation of your department or brand. However, this is not required since not all departments have a logo.
You have several options for the logo/site name area:
- Display Site Name in plain text (By Default)
- Display Site Slogan in plain text (below site name)
- Display a logo instead of the Site Name/Slogan
- Display a logo in addition to the Site Name and/or site slogan. In this scenario, the logo will display next to the site name/slogan.
Configuration of the Site Name / Logo area can be done through the theme settings page.
How To Add a Logo
- From the admin toolbar, click Appearance.
- Click the Settings link next to the active (default) theme.
- In the Toggle Display section, check the logo box and uncheck the Site Name and Site Slogan Box.
- In the logo image settings, uncheck the box that says “use the default logo.”
- This will reveal an upload field to upload a logo. Upload the logo file that you want to display.
- Click the Save Configuration button on the bottom of the page.
If you are using the Tiger theme, you can also swap the regular Princeton University logo with a smaller shield. That setting can be found under Appearance > Tiger Settings. Go to the bottom of the page and check the “Alternate Princeton University Logo” checkbox to swap the logos.