Learn to build a Drupal website
Hands-on classroom Drupal Template System training
WDS offers a monthly training class Building and Maintaining Websites using the Drupal Template System. Watch the Upcoming Events page of this site, or check the Employee Learning Center (University login required) for training dates. The training exercises are online and can be used for post-classroom reference (see side panel).
If you are attending the Drupal training class, you must authenticate using Princeton's Duo two-factor authentication to log in and follow the exercises. Be prepared to have your smartphone within reach.
Learn on your own
- See the template documentation on this website.
- See the WDS Writing for the Web checklist and suggestions.
- Log into Princeton's Lynda.com subscription and search for Drupal 7 to see the training offerings. Start with Drupal 7 Essentials.
- See the Drupal Communities section to find groups, listservs, and conferences.
- Refer to the 11-Point Accessibility Checklist for Content Authors
If you wish to sit with a WDS staff member, you may sign up for a time slot during our office hours. You must specify the reason that you are coming in so that we can have the appropriate staff member present.
Sign up via the Web Appointment Scheduling Engine (WASE).
OIT-managed Drupal Custom Site training
When Web Development Services builds your custom Drupal website, we will provide documentation and in-person demonstrations of how to add and edit the content of your specific website.